Thursday, April 24, 2008

Turn 4- Twix

I bend my torch to Gepetto's, setting it aflame. Soon all of us have working light, but no one seems particularly anxious to move. "May-maybe we should move our supplies inside. I d-don't know if there are natives here or not, but I don't want to find out by having all our food get sssstolen."

One of the others mutters something about seeing buildings through the jungle earlier.

"Yeah, b-but we don't know if there are p-people. Thiss place lookss pretty uninhabited."

Bombur sneers at me and points out the broom and the conspicuous lack of dust. Abashed, I reconsider my position. "Well, I'm going to go check out the top of the tower. It'd be a good lookout point."

Nobody moves to stop or join me. I put on a brave face and start climbing up the stairs, noticing the lock for the first time as I get halfway up.

"Um.... I'm not very good with locks."